On average, it costs about $120 to have a professional put in a new garbage disposal. The installation cost is on top of the price of the new trash removal. Mostly new trash removal costs between $75 and $300. They come in different sizes and can perform different functions. If disposal wasn't already there, it could add $75 to $100 price of the materials you need.
How Much Does Lowe's Charge To Install A Garbage Disposal?
The cost of installing a garbage disposal at Lowe's varies depending on the type of garbage disposal, the complexity of the installation, and other factors such as the location and availability of professional installers in your area.
The average starting cost for professional garbage disposal installation at Lowe's is $99, including installing a basic garbage disposal unit. However, this price does not include the cost of the disposal unit itself, which can range from $50 to $500, depending on the model and features.
It's important to note that this is just a starting price, and the final cost may be higher depending on the specific details of your installation. It's best to contact your local Lowe's store or schedule an in-home consultation with a professional installer to get a more accurate estimate for your specific installation needs.
But generally speaking, the average cost of installing a new garbage disposal is:
- $50–$75 per hour for labor (handyman rate)
- $100–$200 for licensed plumber labor
- $100–$300 for licensed plumber materials (depends on whether or not you have to replace old plumbing)
Cost Of A Garbage Disposal Replacement
A typical installation of in-sink garbage disposal, including removing the previous garbage disposal, costs about $120. It includes removing the old garbage disposal after the operation is finished. The task may become more complicated if you update your garbage disposal to a greater size or a different brand. Additional plumbing may be needed, as well as various sink adapters. In this situation, the cost of installing in-sink garbage disposal might range between $200 and $400.
What Is The Process Of Lowes Garbage Disposal Installation?
If you are looking to install a garbage disposal from Lowes, here are the steps you can follow:
- Gather the tools and materials: You will need a garbage disposal, a plumber's putty, a screwdriver, a hacksaw, electrical wire nuts, a wire stripper, and a wrench.
- Turn off the power: Turn off the power to the area where you will install the garbage disposal by flipping the circuit breaker.
- Disconnect the old disposal (if applicable): If you are replacing an old disposal, disconnect it by loosening the mounting bolts and removing the drain and dishwasher connections.
- Install the mounting assembly: Place the mounting assembly onto the sink flange and tighten the mounting bolts.
- Attach the disposal: Attach the disposal unit to the mounting assembly by twisting it into place.
- Connect the drain pipes: Connect the drain pipes by tightening the slip nuts onto the disposal unit and the sink drain.
- Connect the dishwasher: If your dishwasher drains into the disposal, connect the dishwasher hose to the disposal unit.
- Wire the disposal: Follow the manufacturer's instructions to wire the disposal to the electrical supply.
- Test the disposal: Turn the power back on and test the disposal by running water and turning it on.
- Clean up: Once you are satisfied that the disposal is working correctly, clean up any debris and materials from the installation.
If you are uncomfortable with electrical work or plumbing, consider hiring a professional to install the garbage disposal.
It is to be noted that you can install garbage disposal by yourself and may call a plumber. If you want to know the details about both procedures, we refer you to read our post in detail.
The Process For Replacing Garbage Disposal On My Own
If trash removal breaks, it's usually fine to buy a new one and bring it home.
Get Prepared Before you start any project, such as repairing a malfunctioning garbage disposal, be sure you have everything you need. Having everything at your fingertips will save you time and frustration in the long run. These equipment and materials are often required when replacing a damaged in-sink garbage disposer.
- A bucket
- Slip Joint Pliers
- Putty Knife
- Plumber's putty
- Safety Glasses
- A New Garbage Disposal
Note: Some towels or rags are also useful. You will likely spill some water beneath your kitchen sink. Take out the new disposal and unpack your new garbage disposal. Check that the box contains all of the necessary components.
- What if you are installing a garbage disposal for the first time, there should be some cautions you need to follow, please read us here for more details.
Disconnecting The Drain Lines
If you place a bucket beneath the pipes that drain the wastewater, you can stop the old trash removal system from working. Eventually, the P-water Traps in every building would fill up and overflow into the bucket. The floor of your kitchen cupboard is vulnerable to water damage from spills and splashes. If you must work near water, ensure any messes you make. Disconnect the dishwasher drain hose if it connects to the trash disposal.
Get Rid Of The Old Garbage Disposal
The identical issue may arise more than once. Remove the old sink flange from its attachment. Typically, three screws are required to disassemble the sink flange section under the sink. Remove the worn flange from the drain port of the sink. Remove all putties from the sink except the one that will drain the water. Even though the mounting flanges on the old and new trash removals are identical, the old trash removal must be removed, and the new one installed using the plumber's putty.
Replace The Sink Mounting Flange
Install the sink flange for the new garbage disposal according to the manufacturer's instructions. While the fundamentals are the same across manufacturers, specific installation instructions may vary.
Read over the instructions again. If you want to keep your new trash removal from leaking after you put it in, you must follow the manufacturer's instructions in the letter.
Wastewater Drainpipes Must Be Reinstalled
Reconnect the pipes to the new rubbish collection system. Work carefully and diligently to ensure that all connections are secure. Remove the seal cover before installing the drain if your dishwasher empties into garbage removal.
Check For Leaks By Connecting Your Disposal
Put cold water in the sink, then turn on the new trash disposal. Check the drainpipe connectors and flange seal for leaks. If you did your job well, there shouldn't be any leaks. Please turn on the new trash removal to make sure it works right. Run water through the trash disposal while it is on. The motor of trash removal lasts longer because running water cools it down.
By putting in trash disposal, you might cut down on the amount of trash that goes to landfills. Because of this, Lowe's has a huge selection of garbage removal and sink parts.